Unit 13 Director
Why are you running for office?
The Supreme Court’s Janis decision against public employees was an effort to bury employees’ voice. I believe in our union, and want to be a true representative of Unit 13. I will convey your voice and concerns to the Board, protecting our rights, and fighting for fair pay and benefits.
What are your goals?
I pledge to fight for our rights, benefits and better wages. Media falsely portrays public employees as enjoying generous benefits. Reality: Unit 13 professionals are far underpaid, and we pay more for health insurance. I will ask questions members need answered, report information to you, and fight for fairer wages.
- Current Activity with HGEA & Community
- Unit 13 Board member, Unit 13 Negotiation Team Member
- Unit 13 OlD Secretary, HGEA Kendall Scholarship Fundraising Committee
- HGEA Member Benefits Committee
- Manoa Neighborhood Board member, Board member of University Laboratory School “Booster Club”
- Professional: Master of Public Health from University of Connecticut.
- Public Health Educator, Hawaii State Department of Health, Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion since 2005.
- Family: My wife is also Unit 13 member
- Four children — one son works as Case Manager with MSW from UH Manoa. Another attends Humboldt State University, and another son and daughter attend high school.