Position: Union Agent
Vacancies: One (1)
Minimum Starting Pay: Minimum of $4522 per month. Actual compensation dependent on applicable experience.
Job Reference Number: UAOFO0221
Application Deadline: February 20, 2021
Duties & Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Field Services Officer (FSO), Division Chief (DC), or Manager, this position performs assignments as a trainee, to independently perform a limited scope of member services. The position is responsible for developing and nurturing interpersonal contacts with members and staff relative to contract enforcement and membership services, advocating for members in various meeting settings, participating in bargaining unit governance activities, assisting with member/steward recruitment and education, and contributing to meeting HGEA goals and objectives. Union Agents are covered by the Hawaii Association of Union Agents (HAUA) labor contract.
• Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
• Experience and Training: 1 to 3 years of labor relations experience, preferably in a union setting, union agent experience, or 1 to 3 years of employment in a government agency involving handling complaints and resolving problems directly with customers/clients, or 1 to 3 years of handling complaints.
• Knowledge of:
-Microsoft Office programs preferred.
- Government operations and basic union principles and practices.
• Ability to:
- Operate a computer to generate letters, reports and other documents; work after hours and travel as needed.
- Develop effective working relationships with all staff members.
- Cooperate willingly with others and offer and/or responds to requests for assistance without jeopardizing own responsibilities.
- Consult with the supervisor on the internal and external systems and methods for providing advocacy for members.
• License: Valid Hawaii Drivers’ License and reliable personal vehicle to use for work.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, please read the duties and responsibilities and minimum qualifications stated above and submit a completed application form with job reference number to the Human Resources Office. Please download the application form and email to email@example.com or mail to:
HGEA – Attn: Human Resources
P.O. Box 2930
Honolulu, HI 96802